Wednesday, June 3, 2009

little boy genius

9AM. I was awakened by the ringing of my cellphone. (I usually wake up around 10AM during weekdays because of my odd work schedule.) Recognizing that the ring was for a voice call, I pried myself from the bed, as if in an automatic sequence of movements, grabbed my phone that's sitting on my desk and answered the call. The delightful voice of my nephew spoke from the tiny speakers.

He read me a letter from his teacher, addressed to my brother and his wife, which tells the (good) news that my nephew will be accelerated to fourth grade (from first), and that he did very well in the Math portion of the exam. And then the line became chappy, so he had to hang up.

Accelerated. Fourth Grade at 8. Math.

Really. The family genes seem to be improving then! Ha-ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment