Sunday, November 9, 2008

iPod, reloaded ;-)

The Rihanna/Chris Brown concert is seven days away. That means, I have to soak up the songs of these two for the rest of the week so I could enjoy singing along these artists at the show. So I grabbed my good-'ole 3-year-old iPod, plugged it into my computer - with the intention of loading the Rihanna & Chris Brown songs into it, and ended up waiting for the transfer process in vain. The little gears in iTunes beside the name of my iPod just won't stop turning, but the progress bar doesn't move.

So I did the no-no: I hot-swapped the iPod. (For non-computer nerds: I unplugged the iPod with the iTunes gears still running.) And then I plugged it again. And it hung again. I hot-swapped it again. And then the computer reported that the freaking device cannot be read by the system anymore, and that I have to restore it. That means, all of the songs in my iPod will be erased.

Fine! I restored the device to its factory settings.

"iTunes, are you happy yet?"

And so, here I am again, reloading my collection of songs into my iPod. This has happened to me more than I wish to count. Something tells me that this is what I get from always kidding with my friends who have iPods that I'd have their players formatted everytime they plugged their device into the PC I use at the office.

Another tells me that I should get a new pod. But my budget protests.

No comments:

Post a Comment