Wednesday, October 22, 2008

from a fixation to another form of addiction

I've just attended the first half of the photography workshop that I enrolled in. More than being a good source of learning, it was fun. (And it helps a lot in my recovery from my melodrama. It works like shopping - it takes your mind off your present jones and makes you feel good.)

Anyhoo...
it was the right decision for me to take the workshop, for I could go through all the readings materials I have on photography, but would not be able to properly grasp the concepts of the craft. And our instructor is so good, he helped me understand what seemed to be mumbo-jumbo of f-stops, exposure, focal length, etc. that I read in my photography mags and books.

The downside of this learning process, though, is it makes my wants escalate. I'm so into photography that I intend to add more stuff to my present gear - new lens, filters, cleaning kit, new bag...

*bitch-slaps self* ... must... wake... up... from this...
If this is the "rehab" I'm asking for, it sure is expensive.

But I'm loving it. And from now on, I'mma keep shooting. Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment